Friday, December 21, 2007

How shall I start?

I think I'll start off by joining the 2008 TBR (To Be Read) Challenge! I've never done a challenge before, but I think I'm up to it. Books I've read will have links to my review. What books should I pull off the shelf/ever-growing list? How about (in no particular order):
1) My Name is Red - Orhan Pamuk
2) We Became Like a Hand - Carol Ortlip
3) Setting Free the Bears - John Irving
4) The Stand - Stephen King
5) The Good Husband - Gail Godwin
6) Lady's Maid - Margaret Forster
7) Handling Sin - Michael Malone
8) Vellum: The Book of All Hours - Hal Duncan
9) No Certain Rest - Jim Lehrer
10) Behind the Scenes at the Museum - Kate Atkinson
11) The Ruby Ring - Diane Haeger
12) The Optimist's Daughter - Eudora Welty

Alternates:
1) The Water Method Man - John Irving
2) Out - Natsuo Kirino
3) Stars of David - Abigail Pogrebin
4) The Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell
5) The Last Town on Earth - Thomas Mullen
6) Going After Cacciato - Tim O'Brien
7) No Angel - Penny Vincenzi
8) The Raven's Bride - Elizabeth Crook
9) Winter's Tale - Mark Helprin
10) The Rule of Four - Ian Caldwell & Dustin Thomason
11) The Sun Also Rises - Ernest Hemingway
12) Time and Again - Jack Finney

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I warn you reading challenges are addictive... I started doing them last year and am doing over 10 already this year doh!

I like what I have read of John Irving so far (apparently his two best novels, The World According to Garp and A Prayer for Owen Meany) and have something by Ernest Hemmingway to read this year too. I hope you enjoy the challenge.